Guy Winch is a Doctor of Psychology and uses his experience to describe how humans could benefit from “emotional hygiene”.
He shares examples around how we learn physical hygiene at an early age yet are not taught how to handle our thoughts.
His real life examples of how we react to loneliness, failure, rejection, and
- Take action when you’re lonely – do something about it and don’t fear the
- Change response to failure – believe in yourself and affirm positive facts
- Protect your self-esteem – build yourself up after rejection
- Battle negative thinking – consciously monitor your thoughts and change them if needed
- Prioritize psychological health
Doing these things will build emotional resilience and improve quality of life.